The weekend is here and the living is easy. Time to unwind, relax and enjoy some good old soul food. This recipe is adapted from my friend’s super famous and delicious Choc Chip Recipe. I decided to change it up with some white chocolate and cranberries.
|White chocolate and cranberry cookies. Yum.|
125g butter or marg * 1 cup white sugar * 1 cup brown sugar *
3 eggs * 1 tspn vanilla essence
3 cups flour * 1 tspn bicarbonate soda * pinch of salt
white chocolate * dried cranberries
1. Combine the 125g butter or marg and sugar.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla essence.
3. Add the flour, bicarb and salt.
4. Add your chopped up cranberries and bit sized chunks of white chocolate.
5. Now for the fun part. Use your hands and mix it all up into a giant doughy ball of deliciousness.
6. Grease your trays and set the over to 180C. Roll the dough up into tiny little balls, place on your tray and smash with a fork. Voila.
7. Bake at 180C for 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Note that depending on how crunchy you like your cookies, you can add more (crunchier) or less (softer) bicarb.
Feed your face. These cookies are best shared with friends. They make quite a lot, so you can freeze half of the dough and use it later.
PS: Tim Noakes does NOT approve this recipe.
Tell your friends: